Thursday, April 20 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Friday, April 21 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
All exhibits must be set up by 6:00 pm on Friday, April 21. No construction, arranging, or setting up of exhibits, including deliveries or moving of products, are permitted during show hours.
NOTE: Please note that display materials must adhere to New York Fire Department Rules and Regulations. If you require further information, please contact our Exhibitor Services Team at (312) 527-7988.
Exhibitors may hand-carry small items, but we ask that they refrain from using handcarts and flatbeds. Our Material Handling Staff is on hand to facilitate such moves.
Monday, April 24 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Tuesday, April 25 8:00 am – 12:00 NOON
- Any exhibitor breaking down their booth prior to the show closing (5:00 p.m., Monday, April 24) will be fined $1000. Please arrange travel accordingly.
- All booths must be left in a reasonable state that enables them to be easily repaired and repainted. All nails, Velcro, staples, paper or other materials applied to the booth walls must be removed prior to vacating the booth. Exhibitors will be assessed repair charges based on time and materials if they choose not to comply.
- Please note that every effort to return empty boxes as quickly as possible at the close of the show will be made, but it may take several hours for all empty containers to be returned. Please make travel plans accordingly.
- If bringing down merchandise from your booth during load out, please make sure that you have room in your vehicle for all merchandise. An hourly charge will be assessed to the exhibitor for any merchandise that has to be returned to your booth because it does not fit.
- If you intend on leaving merchandise in your booth until Tuesday, it MUST BE BOXED and sealed and clearly marked with shipping/handling information prior to you leaving Monday night.
CONTRACTOR AND LABOR INFORMATION
You have the option of employing your own union labor to assist with the installation of your booth. If you choose to use the services of an outside contractor, also referred to as an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC), we ask that you return the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Form.
Exhibitors who wish to employ EACs should make known to them the following guidelines:
- The EAC shall be given the right to provide services requested of them by an exhibitor in set-up and dismantling on the show floor, and shall have the right to utilize qualified employees registered in advance.
- Services shall not conflict with labor regulations or contracts including jurisdictions claimed by local labor unions. The EAC shall adhere to the rules and regulations in this manual.
- The EAC shall possess a valid public liability and property damage insurance policy for at least $2,000,000. The certificate of insurance must name Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., Merchandise Mart L.L.C., Vornado Realty Trust and Vornado Realty L.P. as additional insured.
- The EAC shall have a true and valid work order from an exhibitor in advance of the show move-in date and shall not solicit business on the show floor or during move-in or move-out dates.
- The EAC will share with MMPI all reasonable costs related to their operation including overtime pay for stewards, restoration of the exhibit space to its initial condition, etc.
- The EAC shall cooperate fully with MMPI, especially with regard to the efficient utilization of labor.
Any labor personnel working in your booth must be one of the following:
- Your own company personnel (depending on the type of work being done, union labor may be required). See Union Regulations below for additional information.
- Exhibitor appointed contractor. EACs must comply with guidelines regarding EACs. See Exhibitor Appointed Contractors Form for additional information page 28.
To request MMPI Union Labor, please refer to the Installation/Dismantle Labor Request Form. Additional guidelines regarding Labor should be reviewed on this form.
Union labor will be required for certain aspects of your exhibit handling. Your personnel are encouraged to work with a union installer in a supervisory role. NOTE: An exhibitor may set up their exhibit display if one person can accomplish the task in less than 1/2 hour without the use of tools. If your exhibit preparation, installation or dismantling requires more than 1/2 hour, you must use union personnel. For question regarding union regulations, please feel free to contact Sergio Camargo at 312.527.7587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.